The Calgary Roughnecks are proud to announce the return of the Jr. Roughnecks program. Three youth teams will be selected to participate in the seventh annual Jr. NLL Tournament, to be held at the Toronto Rock Athletic Centre in Oakville, Ontario, on August 23-25, 2019.
Registration is now open and will close on May 1, 2019. Registration includes a minimum of four on-floor sessions, a Roughnecks pinnie, a Roughnecks dry-fit shirt and two game vouchers for the Calgary Roughnecks 2019-20 Home Opener. All players must pre-register online and pay a non-refundable fee of $100.
Open tryout sessions for Peewee, Bantam and Midget teams will be held throughout the month of June in Calgary – locations to be announced.
The three divisions participating in the NLL-sponsored tournament are:
- PeeWee (players born in 2007 or 2008)
- Bantam (players born in 2005 or 2006)
- Midget (players born in 2003 or 2004)
OPEN TRYOUT CAMPS: June 1 to June 28, 2019
TRYOUT CAMP FEE: $100 (includes a pinnie, a dry-fit shirt and two game vouchers for the 2019-20 Calgary Roughnecks home opener)
REGISTRATION CLOSES: May 1
REGISTRATION FORM: https://bit.ly/2IO7xBx
- Players must register as a runner or goalie, not both.
- If a player is unable to make a tryout date due to their club lacrosse obligations, they will be evaluated based on the tryouts they were able to attend
- If selected, players and parents are required to sign and adhere to the CDLA Code of Conduct.
- Players are to follow the criteria and rules as set up by the Canadian Lacrosse Association.
- The Jr NLL Tournament is not an Alberta Lacrosse Association sanctioned event
ATTENTION MIDGET PLAYERS
In co-operation with the Alberta Lacrosse Association, midget players can play for one of either the Jr. Roughnecks or Midget Team Alberta but not both. However, due to the timing of the two tryout camps, you will be able to register for the Midget Jr. Roughnecks and, should you be chosen for Team Alberta and wish to remain with Team Alberta, your registration fee for the Midget Jr. Roughnecks will be fully refunded.
TOURNAMENT DATES: AUGUST 23 – 25, 2019
The tournament takes place August 23 – 25 at the Toronto Rock Athletic Center (TRAC) in Oakville Ontario. Athletes are responsible for arriving at the team-designated hotel for a 7:00 pm team meeting on Thursday August 22. Players will be lodged 2 per room and will be chaperoned by the team volunteers and coaching staff.
Cost of the event, including on-floor practices, hotels, transportation to and from games and food will be approximately $2,000 per player. Players will be lodged 2 per room and will be chaperoned by the team volunteers and coaching staff. Players will have the opportunity to sell a jersey sponsorship bar for $500 with those funds going directly towards the players tournament expenses. Fundraising events will also be held to help further reduce the cost of attending the tournament.
- $1,000 is required by July 1, 2019
- $500 jersey bar fee required by July 15,2019
- $500 required by August 1, 2019
For additional information on the Jr. Roughnecks program please contact Jr. Roughnecks coordinator Steve Harlow at firstname.lastname@example.org
To take part in this exciting tournament please click the button below to register!