The health, safety and well-being of our fans, staff and players remain the most important priority of Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation. CSEC is in full support of the National Lacrosse League’s decision to suspend the 2019-20 season due to COVID – 19.
As a result, and in consideration of the ever-changing COVID-19 situation, registration for the Junior Roughneck program will be suspended until further notice.
We are hopeful the program can be offered this year when it is appropriate and prudent.
For those who have previously registered for the tryouts scheduled for June, full refunds are available.
Please contact Junior Roughneck coordinator Steve Harlow at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Calgary Roughnecks are proud to announce the return of the Jr. Roughnecks program for 2020!
Three youth teams will be selected to participate in the 8th Annual Jr. NLL Tournament held at the Toronto Rock Athletic Centre (TRAC) in Oakville, Ontario, from August 28-30, 2020.
The open tryout sessions for Peewee, Bantam, and Midget teams will be held in Calgary. Times and locations of the tryouts are to be announced.
The three divisions participating in the NLL-sponsored tournament are:
- U12 / PeeWee (players born in 2008 or 2009)
- U14 / Bantam (players born in 2006 or 2007)
- U16 / Midget (players born in 2004 or 2005)
To learn more about the 2020 Jr. Roughnecks coaching staff click here.
Open Tryout Camps: Dates and times to be determined.
Tryout Registration / Tryout Fee: Currently suspended due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Players must register as either a runner or goalie, not both.
- If a player is unable to make a tryout date due to their Minor club lacrosse obligations, they will be evaluated based on the tryouts they were able to attend.
- If selected, players and parents are required to sign and adhere to the CDLA Code of Conduct.
- Players are to follow the criteria and rules as set up by the Canadian Lacrosse Association.
- The Jr. NLL Tournament is not an Alberta Lacrosse Association sanctioned event and therefore the program carries its own insurance.
ATTENTION MIDGET PLAYERS
In co-operation with the Alberta Lacrosse Association, midget players can play for either the Jr. Roughnecks or Midget Team Alberta, but not both. This ensures that the maximum number of players are exposed to the highest caliber of tournament play.
TOURNAMENT / TRAVEL DATES: AUGUST 28 – 30, 2020
The tournament takes place August 28 – 30, 2020 at the Toronto Rock Athletic Center (TRAC) in Oakville Ontario. Athletes are responsible for arriving at the team-designated hotel for a 7:00pm team meeting on Thursday August 27, 2020. Players will be lodged two per-room and will be chaperoned by team volunteers and coaching staff throughout the weekend.
The cost of the event, including on-floor practices, hotels, transportation to and from games at the tournament and food will be approximately $2,000 per player. Airfare to the tournament is not included.
Players will have the opportunity to sell a jersey sponsorship bar for $500 with those funds going directly towards the player’s tournament expenses. Fundraising events will also be held to help further reduce the cost of attending the tournament.
PAYMENT SCHEDULE: To be determined.
For additional information on the Jr. Roughnecks program please contact Jr. Roughnecks coordinator Steve Harlow at email@example.com.