2023-24 Ram King of the Turf
RULES AND REGULATIONS
THIS CONTEST IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY CALGARY FLAMES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP OWNED BY CALGARY SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT CORPORATION (“CSEC”) IN COOPERATION WITH i2i ADVERTISING & MARKETING LTD (“ADMINISTRATOR”), ON BEHALF OF ALBERTA CHRYSLER DEALERS ADVERTISING ASSOCIATION (“MARKETING SPONSOR”). NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. TO DETERMINE IF YOU CAN PARTICIPATE, SEE THE ELIGIBILITY SECTION BELOW.
TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS. PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST CONSTITUTES FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL AGREEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS, AS THE SAME MAY BE AMENDED BY CSEC FROM TIME TO TIME IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION UPON NOTICE (POSTING AMENDED RULES AND REGULATIONS SHALL BE DEEMED TO BE SUFFICIENT NOTICE). ALL DOLLAR AMOUNTS ARE IN CANADIAN DOLLARS ($ CDN) UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED.
(1) CONTEST PERIOD:
The Contest will begin at 12:00AM (Mountain Time) on February 1st, 2024 and end at 11:59 PM (Mountain Time) on April 10th 2024 (the “Contest Period”).
In order to be eligible to win a prize, you must be a resident of the Province of Alberta, at least 18 years of age and you must not be (nor any member of your immediate family can be) an employee of CSEC or any of its affiliates or the Marketing Sponsor or any parent, affiliate, or any subsidiary of the Marketing Sponsor, or suppliers of materials or services related to the Contest (including retailers, and advertising, promotion, fulfillment and marketing agencies, including specifically the Administrator). For the purposes of these Rules and Regulations, “immediate family” means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son and/or daughter, whether by blood, marriage or adoption and whether or not they reside in the same household.
CSEC shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to CSEC for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. CSEC reserves the right to disqualify any entry or entrant in its sole discretion, should any entry or entrant at any stage contain and/or supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
(3) HOW TO ENTER:
No Purchase Necessary.
To enter the Contest via the online entry method, please follow these steps:
- Using a web browser, go to www.calgaryroughnecks.com/RAM
- Follow the instructions to enter, including completing and submitting the official Contest entry form.
- Contestants will be randomly selected from all entrants throughout the contest period and chosen to attend a specific Calgary Roughnecks game and given one Ram T-Shirt where they will participate in the ‘Ram King of the Turf’ contest which would have the contestant featured in-venue
- In total sixteen (16) Contestants will qualify for the 2023 Ram 1500 Truck “King of the Turf” Contest. Fourteen (14) contestants will be randomly selected from online entries submitted via the www.calgaryroughnecks.com/RAM contesting page. The other two (2) contestants will be selected at random in-game on April 20th during the 1st quarter of the Roughnecks vs Panther City Lacrosse Club.
Entrants are limited to one entry per day during the Contest Period. Duplicate entries, as determined by email address, first name, and last name will be deemed invalid and will be be deleted. All entries—regardless of entry format—must be received by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time) on April 10th 2024. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected for a potential Prize.
Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry. For the purpose of the Contest, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Potential winners may be required to provide CSEC with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- Grand Prizes. There is one (1) (“Grand Prize”) available to be won by the one (1) Grand Prize winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) consisting of:
- A 2023 Ram 1500 Truck.
- The Grand Prize has an approximate retail value of (MSRP) fifty-three thousand, four hundred and seventy-five dollars and seventy-one cents ($53,475.71) CDN. The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or convertible to cash.
- Game Day Prizes. There are three (3) game day prizes available to be won by three (3) contest entrants, consisting of:
- A Roughnecks jersey and two (2) Roughnecks game day tickets
- The Game Day Prizes have an approximate retail value of two hundred and thirty-two dollars ($232.00) CAD.
- Game Day Prize winners will be selected and awarded based on random selection. Entrants are only eligible to win this prize once.
- Base Prize. There will be a potential fourteen (14) prizes available to be won by ten (14) eligible entrants. The prize pack will consist solely of, the “base prize”:
- 2 Ticket to a Calgary Roughnecks Game
- 1 Ram T-shirt
- Winners are not entitled to monetary difference between actual prize value and stated approximate prize value, if any, and there is no cash alternative.
- Prizes will be awarded within thirty (30) days after the winners have been selected and notified, have correctly answered a mathematical skill testing question, and have acknowledged compliance with the Contest Rules and signed all required releases.
- The Grand Prize Winner will be responsible for all expenses relating to the prize including insurance, registration, license, travel to and from the location necessary to collect the prize, and any other expense not explicitly included in the prize description. The Grand Prize will not be awarded unless winner shows proof of having a valid driver’s license, and has satisfactory insurance.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. The Sponsors reserve the right, their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
- The Grand Prize Winner will be awarded the actual 2023 Ram 1500 Truck that was exhibited at the Roughnecks home games and the various Roughnecks Community events. The Grand Prize Winner will pick up the vehicle at an Alberta Chrysler dealership or allocated Calgary location (as selected by the sponsor) in Calgary, Alberta at a future date. Travel to/from the dealership will be at the Grand Prize Winner’s expense.
All costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of prize not expressly specified as being provided as part of the prize, as described above, including but not limited to: ancillary costs associated with lodging, travel, ground or air transportation, required government issued passports or other documentation that will allow cross-border travel, meals, beverages, parking, travel insurance (if required), gratuities, taxes and other costs and expenses incurred by use of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winning entrant.
(5) WINNER SELECTION:
The contestants will be selected in a random drawing throughout the Contest Period from all qualified entries. Any potential winner of the Base Prize will be contacted via phone or email following their random selection and verification of identification and eligibility may be required at that time. Odds of being entered to win a prize depend on the number of entrants who participate in the Contest.
A selected entrant, before being eligible for the Base Prize will be required to: (1) correctly answer, unaided (i.e. (without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise), a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by CSEC; and (2) confirm his/her eligibility for the Contest; and (3)must also agree to sign and return CSEC’s standard Declaration and Release Form before being eligible to receive the Base Prize and, if applicable, the Game Day Prize and the Grand Prize.
If any selected entrant does not meet all of the Contest conditions, or does not reply within two (2) days of the initial documented contact attempt by CSEC, or refuses to sign the Declaration and Release form, that entrant will be disqualified and CSEC shall be entitled to randomly select a new entrant from amongst the remaining eligible entries in accordance with these Rules and Regulations.
Once a potential winner is determined, the winning entrant will be directed as to how to claim their Base Prize, and, if applicable, the Grand Prize and the Game Day Prize, which will be delivered within a reasonable time.
- The fourteen (14) online contestants must be present at the Calgary Roughnecks vs. the Panther City Lacrosse Club game on April 20, 2024 at the Scotiabank Saddledome. Each Contestant will be required to come to the turf at half-time and participate in a final selection process to select the eventual winner. The details of the promotion will be provided to all contestants prior to the giveaway. All contestants are responsible for their own tickets and transportation to the Calgary Roughnecks vs. Panther City Lacrosse Club game on April 20, 2024 at the Scotiabank Saddledome.
- At halftime during the scheduled game between the Calgary Roughnecks vs. Panther City Lacrosse Club game on April 20, 2024 all contestants will proceed to the turf to participate in an ‘Elimination Game’. There will be sixteen (16) boxes. Contestants will be randomly ordered from 1 to 16 to determine the box selection process. One by one, each contestant from 1 to 16 will select a box which will contain directions indicating whether to move forward in the contest or not. There will be four (4) boxes with keys. These four (4) contestants will advance to the RAM giveaway final. Four (4) vehicles will be displayed on the turf and will act as the boxes for the finals. Each contestant (4 in total), in a pre-determined and random order, will select a vehicle until the ‘winner’ is revealed. The contestant that selects the ‘winning vehicle’ will be declared the official winner of the 2023 RAM 1500 Truck Grand Prize.
- The confirmed Grand Prize Winner will receive the 2023 RAM 1500 Truck Grand Prize. Specific Rules and details on the “King of the Turf” contest will be explained to all sixteen (16) contestants prior to the half-time intermission at the Calgary Roughnecks vs. Panther City Lacrosse Club game on April 20, 2024 at the Scotiabank Saddledome.
- The Grand Prize Winner and will be confirmed during half-time at the April 20, 2024 Calgary Roughnecks game against the Panther City Lacrosse Club game on.
Before being declared the Grand Prize Winner, the Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign a declaration form stating that he/she has read, understood, and complied with the rules and regulations of the Contest and that he/she accepts the prize as offered. The Grand Prize Winner will also be required to sign a Release form acknowledging the rights of the sponsors and their agents, to publish and broadcast, without further compensation, their name, address, photograph and statements.
(6) GENERAL RULES:
This Contest is void where restricted or prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the CSEC or their affiliates, or Marketing Partner or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, by entering the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless CSEC, Administrator, the Marketing Sponsor, the National Hockey League and its Member Teams, NHL Enterprises Canada L.P., and the respective governors, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, directors, officers, employees and representatives of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, damages, claims, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, or causes of action (however named or described) with respect to or arising out of: (i) your participation in the Contest, (ii) the receipt or use of the prize(s) awarded as part of the Contest, or (iii) the administration of the Contest and the distribution of the prize(s) awarded therein. ENTRANTS WAIVE ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS, OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged for cash unless otherwise specified. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable. Prize is provided “as is” without further warranty, representation, condition, or guarantee, express or implied, of any kind.
CSEC reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value (including a cash award) and/or to terminate, modify or withdraw this Contest, in whole or in part, at any time, without prior notice for any reason, including without limitation, if for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned due to any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, errors, tampering, fraud, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or other causes beyond the control of CSEC that may corrupt or impair the integrity, fairness or proper play of the Contest.
CSEC shall have the right to make all determinations relating to the Contest in its sole discretion.
Subject to the foregoing, any controversy or dispute arising out of the conduct of this Contest shall be resolved exclusively in the courts of the Province of Alberta applying the laws of the Province of Alberta (and federal laws of Canada applicable therein), to which exclusive jurisdiction and law the entrants agree to submit as evidenced by their participation in the Contest.
(7) USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION:
By entering the Contest, you:
- Authorize and grant any of the Released Parties the right to use, reproduce and distribute your name, address (city/town only), any content submitted in connection with your submission, and, if photographs are taken, your images and likenesses in connection with the Contest or for general promotional purposes, without further compensation or notification, to the extent permitted by law.
(8) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Released Parties are not responsible, whether as a result of human error or otherwise, for any failure to contact any potential winners, nor for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, tampering, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entries, or any injury, damages, claims, costs, and expenses arising in connection with any prize or from participation in the Contest.
(9) RULES AND REGULATIONS / WINNER’S LIST:
This Contest will be run in accordance with these Rules and Regulations, subject to amendment by Marketing Sponsor. The Rules and Regulations at shall govern in the event of any inconsistency with other Contest-related materials. For a copy of these Rules and Regulations and Winners list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to 555 SADDLEDOME RISE SE, CALGARY, ALBERTA, T2G 2W1 – please specify “Rules and Regulations” or “Winners List” and 2023-24 Ram King of the Turf Contest. All requests must be received within six (6) months after the end of the Contest Period.
LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest shall prevail.